Monday, August 2, 2010

Dalbello-Pretty Girls (1979)


ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: May 25, 2010

Going waaaaaaay back to the last 70's with this post! The Canadian singer Lisa Dal Bello, or simply known as 'Dalbello', was another new artist introduced to me earlier this year by my friend Oleg, who likes everything that she sings. Although the two albums I listened to first--"Whore" and "She"--were ones that were released later in Dalbello's music career. Since he already had those two, Oleg wanted her albums from the late 70's and early 80's. After I was impressed with her vocals on the first song I ever heard by her, "Tango", I wanted to hear her first recordings as well. With that being said, I'm putting up a couple of Dalbello's albums that I have for him at the moment, starting with "Pretty Girls", which was released the same year I was born. I may be an extreme 80's music fanatic, but I'm also a big sucker for 70's music as well because that decade was always declared 'The Disco Era' where everything and anything was disco.....and I love me some disco music! Well, I consider all of the fast-tempo songs in the 70's to be actual 'disco', anyway--even some of the rock n' roll songs, like Track #10's "Make It Last" and Track #6's "Make Up Your Mind Paula" (my personal favorite and much too short, in my opinion, at only three minutes and nine seconds) on this album. Track #2's "Still In Love" is my other favorite and one of the best slow grooves I've heard by Dalbello thus far:

1. Pretty Girls
2. Still In Love
3. Hollywood
4. (Is There) Anything I Can Do?
5. Talisman
6. Make Up Your Mind Paula
7. Miracle Maker
8. Lost Without Your Love
9. Dreams (Are For Lovers)
10. Make It Last

No comments: