Sunday, August 1, 2010



David Sneddon - Seven Years-Ten Weeks (2003)


ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: May 15, 2010

Here I present the second of Angell's requests this week that she had advertised on the original 'Pop Addicted 2.0' blog and one that I've been intrigued by myself ever since I saw it there--David Sneddon's "Seven Years-Ten Weeks". Thanks goes out to the ever-resourceful music man himself, RV, for making this one possible for everyone--including for his work in obtaining the thirteen bonus tracks accompanying the original album. David's rise to stardom came after appearing on a televised reality music competition called 'Fame Academy', which seems like the only one that I'd never heard of or had ever seen after I had did some researching on his music discography; American Idol, Pop Idol, Popstars, Making The Band, The X Factor--those were just about all of the reality music shows I'd been familiar with prior to that. So here we have another talented singer who has achieved fame through the conventional norm that reality TV has become in this modern era of music--good for him! And he deserves it! I would describe David's music generally as easy-listening pop; songs like the rockin' leadoff track "Best Of Order" and might belie that statement, but when you hear his more light-hearted selections like "Baby Get Higher", his cover of Elton John's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" and Track #9's simple-titled but moving, emotional melody, "OK", I think one would agree that is a fair statement:

1. Best Of Order
2. Time To Fall Down
3. Stop Living The Lie
4. All My Life
5. Follow Me
6. Don't Let Go
7. The Bluebird
8. Lazy
9. OK
10. Without You
11. Neverland
12. Long Time Coming

*****BONUS TRACKS*****

13. I Love You
14. The Longest Time
15. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me [Acoustic Version]
16. Goodnight Girl [from the 'Fame Academy' album]
17. She Needs To Know
18. Lullaby [with Ainslie & Lemar from 'Fame Academy']
19. With A Little Help From My Friends
20. Wasting Your Life Away
21. I'm On Your Side
22. Stop Living The Lie [Original Version]
23. Baby Get Higher [Almighty Radio Edit]
24. Baby Get Higher
25. Baby Get Higher [Almighty Remix]

No comments: