Monday, August 2, 2010

Rihanna-Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded (2008)


ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: June 4, 2010

Ah, Rihanna. I love her voice and I love her music. Out of all of today's rising young pop superstars, Rihanna is my favorite of them all! And I have her to thank for the inspiration behind the naming for my second music blog formerly on Google called 'The Music Nexus: Reloaded'. She had re-released her 2007 album "Good Girl Gone Bad" in 2008 and titled it "Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded" (which included four extra songs that didn't appear on the first version). So after the first incarnation of the old 'Music Nexus' was shutdown, I renamed it to 'The Music Nexus: Reloaded' in honor of this album. At some point later down the road, Rihanna's previous discography will be featured here at the Conflux, but I've been listening to my favorite songs from this album so much recently that I just waned to post "Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded" for the moment and give my opinion about it. This album is blazin' HOTTTTTTT (yes, with the capital 'H' and the multiple 'T's' trailing at the end) and I'd say that just about every song on this album is a smash hit! The best ones, I think, are also the ones that I forever keep hearing on the radio endlessly: "Umbrella", "Don't Stop The Music", "Shut Up And Drive", "Hate That I Love You", "Disturbia" and "Take A Bow". But even the ones I haven't heard on the radio yet--like "Sell Me Candy" and the title track itself--are great! I could marvel on forever about every song on this album individually and say how much I fully enjoy each and every one of them, but for the sake of keeping things contrite, I'll conclude by mentioning that "Don't Stop The Music" (which is one of THE hottest dance club songs of this New Millennium, even if it does sample Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"), "Umbrella" (I like it when Rihanna repeats 'ella ella' during the chorus), "Disturbia" (the video for this song is just plain freeeeeeeeaky!) and the touching piano-driven break-up tune "Take A Bow" are my top favorites:

1. Umbrella [ft. Jay-Z]
2. Push Up On Me
3. Don't Stop The Music
4. Breakin' Dishes
5. Shut Up And Drive
6. Hate That I Love You [ft. Ne-Yo]
7. Say It
8. Sell Me Candy
9. Lemme Get That
10. Rehab
11. Question Existing
12. Good Girl Gone Bad
13. Disturbia
14. Take A Bow
15. If I Never See Your Face Again [ft. Maroon 5]
16. Cry

No comments: