Monday, August 2, 2010



TRIPLE 8-HeavyW8 (2003)



ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: June 27, 2010

Okay, I'm really starting to lose count of all of these great boybands that have released one fantastic album, then were never heard from again. One day, I'll find time to tally them all up and present an official score, but for the moment, the British group TRIPLE 8 is the latest 'one-album wonder' to be featured on my blog. My good friend Frank, who keeps me apprised of all the goings on with old and new boybands that he discovers, recommended TRIPLE 8 to me for listening a few months ago, and I was going to put up their fan-made debut album, 2003's "Heavy W8", at that time, but I ended up getting sidetracked and forgot to mention them until now. And I say 'fan-made', because according to sources, "Heavy W8" wasn't ever officially released, and all of the songs that TRIPLE 8 recorded got compiled and pieced together for distribution after the group members had disbanded. See the album cover pictured above? That is also fan-made (by yours truly, to be exact) as no record of official cover artwork seems to exist anywhere. So what do the guys that make up TRIPLE 8 sound like? They're very much like your typical r&b/dance pop-based boybands, though with more of an edge and a bit of a harder sound along the lines of groups like BLUE, 5IVE, EAST 17 or ANOTHER LEVEL; that 'harder' sound is more evident on jams like album's title track, "Knockout" and "Lockdown" which, coincidentally, all have a rugged rock n' roll/hip-hop beat I like that seems to drive these songs home much better than their other upbeat ones:

1. All You Need Tonight
2. Can't Forget You
3. Give Me A Reason
4. Heavy W8
5. Hit The Bone
6. Hittin' It Right
7. Hola Hola
8. It Only Happens With You
9. Knockout
10. Lockdown
11. Missing You
12. No Way Back
13. To Die For
14. You And I
15. YoYo

*****BONUS TRACKS*****

16. Good To Go
17. Good To Go [VIDEO]

No comments: