Friday, January 8, 2016

Pete Hammond-Get Down Here Quick And Mix Yourself A Hit! (2015)


ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: January 8 , 2016

Follow the instructions above and I guarantee you'll be the life of your next dance party! Another after-Christmas gift to myself that I'd yet to unwrap? Or an early-Christmas gift for the pop music lovers, only days into this new 2016 year? Take your pick! Either way, it would behoove you to be quick with the clicker to partake in this special twenty-two track, double-disc music mix engineered by one of the greatest dance producers on the planet! United together for this joyous occasion is a wide range of artists representing various segments of the pop music timeline—from the mid-70's all the way up to this New Millennium. But no matter what decade a particular artist and its original hit comes from, every old favorite here is brand new all over again with the supremely-talented Pete Hammond at the helm for every second of this two-and-a-half-hour-long non-stop dance extravaganza! Thrills and surprises galore, with me especially getting kicks out of the rejuvenated, HI-NRG versions of "Boys Boys Boys" (a great remake of Sabrina's original from the 80's!), NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK's "Cover Girl" (wow—didn't realize it had been so long since I first heard them performing that!) and "I Don't Wanna Get Hurt" (I still adore the PWL-produced Donna Summer version; now that adoration is shared with this remake recorded by a lady named Caz Fernández). Well, I suppose "Boys, Boys, Boys" and "I Don't Wanna Get Hurt" were both already HI-NRG in their original incarnations, weren't they? We could say the same about Kylie Minogue's "Better The Devil You Know", Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" and YELL's "Nothing Comes For Nothing", a trio of memorable PWL favorites that also get the spruced-up Pete Hammond remix treatment! Was so much fun hearing another song I'd recognized, but not nearly as vintage as that PWL trio: "OMG", an infectiously hip jam by the all-girl trio CITY GIRLS that I myself got hip to a couple of years back. Somebody that everyone in the know is surely already hip to is pop/r&b princess Beyoncé Knowles, who gets to enjoy a bit of the Pete Hammond spotlight when "End Of The Time" gets served up on the third track on this album's first CD. I really like this song now, despite not being familiar with the original. The way she sings 'say you'll never let me go, say-say you'll never let me go' gets me hooked.....and her powerful, over-the-top voice always just hooks me by itself; it's no wonder I keep missing DESTINY's CHILD! My music-listenings of the British brother-and-sister duo SAME DIFFERENCE have been minimal since I got introduced to them some time ago, but I can now thank Mr Hammond for making me a fan of at least one of their hits: "Heartbeat". It's simply a total jam! Have the same sentiments about dance diva Lonnie Gordon, but as soon as I heard that rich, soulful voice of hers on "Catch You Baby", I was sucked into that one in a heartbeat, too! Perhaps the loveliest of surprises for me personally was the remix of "Sky High" by a male-fronted disco group I'd never heard of before called JIGSAW. There's something about the the production here that makes me feel good—the noticeably 80's-inspired synthpop beat accompanied by the warming melody and the lofty, soaring vocals of the group's lead singer has gotta be it! So shall I go ahead and repeat those instructions given at the outset? Get down here quick and mix yourself a hit, and don't forget that 100% proof pure dance will be among the active ingredients:

CD #1

1. Alphabet - Boyfriend (Pete Hammond Remix - Extended Version)
2. Pete Hammond Feat. George Dennis - Elevator (Radio Edit)
3. Beyoncé - End Of Time (Pete Hammond Remix - Extended Version)
4. Kylie Minogue - Put Your Hands Up (Pete Hammond Remix - Extended Version)
5. Lonnie Gordon - Catch You Baby (Pete Hammond Remix)
6. Mini Viiva - I Left My Heart In Tokyo (Pete Hammon Remix - Extended Version)
7. Pete Hammond Feat. Caz Fernández - I Don't Wanna Get Hurt (Pete Hammond Remake - Extended Version)
8. Pete Hammond Feat. Jodie Elms - You Won't Forget About Me (Pete Hammond Remake - Extended Version)
9. Same Difference - Heartbeat (Pete Hammond Product - Extended Version)
10. Jigsaw - Sky High (Pete Hammond Remix 1997)
11. Velvet - Chemistry (Pete Hammond Remix)

CD #2

1. Plumb - Hang On – PH Remix – (Extended Version)
2. Eurogroove Feat. Dannii Minogue - Rescue Me (Pete Hammond Soul Fake Mix)
3. Major - Boys Boys Boys (Pete Hammond Soul Fake Mix)
4. New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl (Pete Hammond Original Extended Version)
5. Pete Hammond Feat. Lala McAllen - If You Love Me (Pete Hammond Remix - Extended Version)
6. Yell! - Nothing Comes For Nothing (Pete Hammond Production)
7. City Girls - OMG (Pete Hammond & Jay Razor Production - Extended Mix)
8. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (2015 Extended Version)
9. Kylie Minogue - Better the Devil You Know (Pete Hammond Original Mad March Hare Mix)
10. Eurogroove Feat. Dannii Minogue - Boogie Woogie (Pete Hammond Remix - Radio Edit)
11. Pete Hammond Feat. Danny Saxon - Dinner With Gershwin (Pete HammondDanny Saxon Production)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Rich - thanks SO MUCH for this! I absolutely love Pete Hammond's mixes!
Mark